1. Canada is the largest country in the Western hemisphere and the second largest country in the world after Russia and borders only one country, The United States of America.
2. Canada has the longest coastline in the world with 202,080 km/ 125,567 miles.
3. More than half of all the lakes in the world are located in Canada! The country counts more than 3 million lakes and 31,700 big lakes with an area over 300 hectares.
4. Toronto is Canada’s largest metropole with over 6 million people. Montreal, Canada’s second largest city with over 4 million inhabitants, is also the second largest city in the world that has a French-speaking population – after Paris in France.
5. The national holiday is called Canada Day and is celebrated on 1 July.
6. About half of Canada’s landmass is covered by forest. There are about 180 tree species in Canada.
7. Canada declared in 2012 that Santa Claus was indeed a Canadian citizen. To send letters to Santa, children can use this address: Santa Claus, North Pole, H0H 0H0, Canada.
8. Canada has two official languages – English and French.
9. Canada is also home to 20% of the world’s freshwater
10. Hawaiian pizza was actually invented by an Canadian man in Ontario, not by the Hawaiians.